how do you dispose/handle your dog feces

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

ant

how do you dispose/handle your dog feces

Post by ant »

i use a small plastic snow shovel and a trash bag lined 5 gal. bucket with a lid. each week i pull the liner and put it out with the trash. :o
anthony

Bob Graves

Post by Bob Graves »

I do pretty much the same thing. I have been thinking of one of those doggie septic systems (Doggy Dooley I think it's called :???: ???) Does anybody have any input on these things? Do they work well, and do they work during the winter months when the ground is frozen? I live in NY.

Bsbowhunter

Spend the extra time for a washdown w/splash board

Post by Bsbowhunter »

My kennels are above ground and have a 1"/4' pitch on the flooring. The chain link fencing is raised 2" off the floor. All I have to do is hose it down from the front and let gravity do the work. For frozen "poop" I have to use a bit more water pressure. On the back end of the kennel, I used half pannels made for shower shalls, dropping into a open (cut in half) 10" drain pipe. From there is drains underground into a homemade septic system.
Sure beats shovelling, raking and picking the stuff up.