Most proven stud dog on the ground as of today

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Pine Lakes

Re: Most proven stud dog on the ground as of today

Post by Pine Lakes »

Just to clarify my above post, especially to Hoog, I have nothing against Reggie. In fact I have considered using him in the past as I have simular genetics in my kennel now. The point I was trying to make was that there are too many variables for an accurate prediction. Everything posted on this blog is opinion and I think the truth gets clouded a bit. That truth being not one person really knows any better than the next. My advice is to observe, determine what you like, and base your decisions for your kennel on that information. I will promise you this. No matter what stud, female, or breeding you make there will be culling involved. If anyone does not have to cull please pm me because I want some of what you have, and even then I will have to see it first.

DaManBeagles

Post by DaManBeagles »

You have to look at allot of dogs and blood lines in all the different formats to determine the answer to this question. From the UBGF to Large Pack on Hare I know some die hard UBGF guys and it is all about Robs Diamond II

But for my kennel it is easy Durbin Valley Hitman Hart

DaMan Beagles
Joel&Joe Roseberry

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

Briarhoppers wrote:hard on a check -

I can't speak as to whether your numbers are correct or not. I just want to make one point - I don't believe you are comparing "apples to apples" ....and in the case of Shooter and Reggie, it may be impossible to compare them accurately.

.-Pete
There is no comparing "apples to apples" with stud dogs unless they are bred to the same bitches, with the same number of offspring, being trained the same, and given the same opportunity at the same trials under the same judges. All of the afformentioned studs have produced some very good offspring. Roll the dice. Oh by the way Eyer's Geneo has produced 31 litters with 7 akc field champions and more on the way.

hard on a check

Post by hard on a check »

Last edited by hard on a check on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

hurryup

Post by hurryup »

I understand why some people wouldn't like Reggie dogs, they want to run the front, they dont handle and have lots of hunt. They r competitive and it doesn't matter if the snow is a foot deep they will jump,run and produce a rabbit.. Just want to use a quote from one akc judge last year" Yea shes a nice bitch if you want a dog that runs the front all the time" well guess what I do..I want heart and drive.. I like a dog that isn't content to slot up..Maybe some do..Don't breed to him then go some where else. don't bash the dog. He is a producer. I guess I want a leader not a me to dog. JMO.. I feed what I like.
Visit Our Website

Hurry Up Beagles.Com

Chimney Rock Kennel

Post by Chimney Rock Kennel »

2011 World Hunt Champion Class

1st place...Reggie Pup
2nd place..Reggie Pup

2011 KY State Hunt Champion Class

1st place...Reggie Pup
2nd place..Reggie Pup
3rd place...Reggie Pup
Home of

NrFC LPGRCH Chimney Rock's Bad Moon Rising
FCGD LPRCH Chimney Rock's KY Lucky
NrFC LPGRCH Chimney Rock's Shooting Star

MasonsBeagles

Post by MasonsBeagles »

Chimney Rock Kennel wrote:2011 World Hunt Champion Class

1st place...Reggie Pup
2nd place..Reggie Pup

2011 KY State Hunt Champion Class

1st place...Reggie Pup
2nd place..Reggie Pup
3rd place...Reggie Pup

I havent seen many of his pups go but the ones I have seen are nice.
I was kidding some buddies the other day though and said outta all the dogs at these hunts. How many are Reggie pups? It would be interesting to see the percentage.
Please visit
http://www.LiveStockSeller.com NEW LIVESTOCK SITE. Totally Free Listings
http://www.NeededPrayers.com we have just relaunched.

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

hurryup wrote:I understand why some people wouldn't like Reggie dogs, they want to run the front, they dont handle and have lots of hunt. They r competitive and it doesn't matter if the snow is a foot deep they will jump,run and produce a rabbit.. Just want to use a quote from one akc judge last year" Yea shes a nice bitch if you want a dog that runs the front all the time" well guess what I do..I want heart and drive.. I like a dog that isn't content to slot up..Maybe some do..Don't breed to him then go some where else. don't bash the dog. He is a producer. I guess I want a leader not a me to dog. JMO.. I feed what I like.
Nobody bashed him(certainly not me) and not every dog out of him pushes for the front, is a good jump dog, and can run well on any kind of condition. This is where things get clouded up like I said earlier. I can't sit here and accurately tell anybody who the best stud is, and neither can anyone else. I think most dogs that produce 150 litters are going to give you some good ones by basic odds. Reggie could be an outstanding stud and I hope his offspring do well as I like his pedigree. Based upon Eddie's post they are tearing up ARHA events. Eddie could you post the number of Reggie offspring entered and the number of his offspring that placed or won in that trial? That might help someone make a decision.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

Vickie,

I respect your opinion. You like what you like, and feed what you like. You stated what the skills and traits you desire for and what your hounds have...
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

hard on a check

Post by hard on a check »

Last edited by hard on a check on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mdbeagler

Post by mdbeagler »

I like a dog that can run the front but not 1 that will do anything to get there.
I would think that a good dog would do good in "ALMOST" any format. I have
seen dogs that have finished in multiple formats, when a stud can throw pups
that can compete and win in different formats that is what I would say is a great
reproducer.

brush_hog

Post by brush_hog »

From my own experience, I love what I have seen from a UKC dog. White River Tuff-E-Nuff is a Dale Prunty dog that has produced over 100 champions. I have a blue-tick male that is a grand pup to Tuff and he possesses a lot of his traits. My blue tick recently put a litter on the ground with 3 of 4 pups being blue tick like their father. Seems like genes passed from this line are exceedingly dominant?????? I see the same thing from dogs out of Reggie. I own no Reggie dogs, but i would if I had room for more dogs. His pups and grand pups are almost unmistakeable. You can tell they are from Reggie just by looking at them. You can really tell when they are running a rabbit. I should add that my own dogs are trained as rabbit dogs and not "trial dogs".

Ohiohntr

Post by Ohiohntr »

hurryup wrote:I understand why some people wouldn't like Reggie dogs, they want to run the front, they dont handle and have lots of hunt. They r competitive and it doesn't matter if the snow is a foot deep they will jump,run and produce a rabbit.. Just want to use a quote from one akc judge last year" Yea shes a nice bitch if you want a dog that runs the front all the time" well guess what I do..I want heart and drive.. I like a dog that isn't content to slot up..Maybe some do..Don't breed to him then go some where else. don't bash the dog. He is a producer. I guess I want a leader not a me to dog. JMO.. I feed what I like.
LOL...Vicky, I have owned a few Reggie dogs and run with another one regularly and they were/are almost the exact opposite as you described. The ones I had all had good hunt but everything else was completely the opposite. They were too willing to slot up, wouldn't gamble at all, never wanted the front, and all of them handled like babies..hmmm...go figure. :)

It wouldn't be fair to say Reggie didn't produce because these are not "duds", pure rabbit dogs...just wasn't what I was looking for at the time. They were just kind of "there" and didn't spin my crank...if ya know what I mean. I just don't think enough % is put on the female when thinking about what you want in a breeding. Breeding a medium to medium fast female to Reggie is probably not going to produce barn burners and people might want to keep in mind that it may actually make them more conservative (which is what happened with the ones I had). I don't think it is fair to cover a stud dog with a broad blanket and expect him to produce the same style of dogs over and over when bred to contrasting females.
FC Green Bay Nemasket Singer
FWR Blue Boy's Lightfoot

hurryup

Post by hurryup »

Yea I understand, you are right. Mine came from females that posses the traits I stated..Oh well, There will never be a stud dog that will produce dogs that everyone likes. I agree the females contribute a lot in a pups style and make up.
I feel bad for guys whos dogs are on here being compared..It cant be easy to listen to your dog being discussed week in and week out, while you basically sit and listen.
Visit Our Website

Hurry Up Beagles.Com

Ohiohntr

Post by Ohiohntr »

Nobody ever talks about Lightfoot :censored: :lol:

Ahh...Reggie is throwin some nice hounds, as is Junie, as is Shooter, as is Sport, as is Bandit, as is Chance, as is Freejack, as is any other stud dog out there. Their owners know what they have plus have probably already figured out what works well with their blood but either way will probably be more than willing to take your money if you think their stud can fix your female. The main thing is that the pups get into hands of people who like the way they run and will actually do something with them....that is the hard part.
FC Green Bay Nemasket Singer
FWR Blue Boy's Lightfoot