what is everyone feeding?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

brush_hog

Re: what is everyone feeding?

Post by brush_hog »

I had been looking for a quality feed for some month uld pups and their mother. I have tried about every brand out there, except Taste of the Wild. It is just too rich for my blood. So i raed about the TSC version called 4Health. It is still a little salty, but the results were amazing. The 4Health puppy food really performs for te pups. I am going to try 4Health with my big hounds as soon as I finish up the Diamond Sport Dog bag.

Joe

tenntreedog

Post by tenntreedog »

I feed the orange bag of pride for several yrs. and realy liked it.had a couple of friends feeding J&H Best they talked me into tryjng it .I`ve been feeding it for a yr. now. I had to cut my beagles back from 3cups in winter to 2 cups & my 60lb+ coonhounds back from 4 to 3 in summer I feed 1 to 1\12 cups to 14" beagles& 2 to 2\12 cups to the coonhounds.have to watch it they will get fat on that if not ran enough.

doubleb

Post by doubleb »

tenntreedog where do u get jh best fed it for years now i cant get it anymore great feed

PrideHillKennel

Post by PrideHillKennel »

We feed Kenny O's professional 24/20 year round just up the amounts when they are getting run hard and in colder weather. Brock
LpGrRch LpGrBch Pride Hill Blue Boy
LpGrRch Pride Hill Drive On Crockett
LpGrRch Pride Hill Ribbon
LpRch PHK June Bug
LpRch PHK Misty

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

I feed solid gold.
TheJohnBirchSociety

John-PA

Post by John-PA »

Purina Pro Plan chicken and rice, year round.

10ACbeagles

Post by 10ACbeagles »

Back in mid feb I switched foods and tried Sportmix 26/18 and couldnt be happier.Everthing from their coats,stool,energy has me pleased.Unless something changes Im sticking with Sportmix,.
God made dogs....Then he made BEAGLES!

tenntreedog

Post by tenntreedog »

double b I buy my J&H in elk park Nc. from Elk River Supply .It`s only about 16 miles from me.

Ed Murphy

Post by Ed Murphy »

i feed Diamond hi-energy year round
Murphy's Music Bottom Beagles
Check out my website: http://murphysmusicbottombeagles.tripod.com/

Volfan

Post by Volfan »

I really enjoy reading these post on dog food. What I don't understand is why some people feed the same food and one person feeds two or three cups a day and somebody else feeds one cup of the same feed. I am assuming all dogs are in good health and worm free but you know what assume does, makes a ass out of u and me. But anyway somebody is feeding too much or somebody is not feeding enough. I know everybody has their food they like but I have trouble believing that a dog can be hunted very much on one cup of feed. I'm not trying to rub anybody the wrong way but this is just my opinion. I have fed many types of feed and I think that you can not beat Purina. I am a country boy and can't afford pro plan if you can thats great. But I don't think you can buy a better feed for the money than dog chow. I know it don't have the 30/20 on the bag that alot of feeds do but from my experience the results are the same. Good looking dogs with less stool. And all my dogs love it. I feed black gold sometimes I think it is a good fed also just a little higher around here and hard to find. Sorry for the guys feeding diamond but my dogs won't eat it. I could get by with one cup a day of it because thats all they won't of it. And before you guys go to bashing me remember the question of this post. This is what I feed and my opinion and I am welcome to constructive critisim. Thanks.

WILL LEFEVERS

Post by WILL LEFEVERS »

Sportmix 24/20 55lbs for $22.00

Househounds

Post by Househounds »

I really enjoy reading these post on dog food. What I don't understand is why some people feed the same food and one person feeds two or three cups a day and somebody else feeds one cup of the same feed. I am assuming all dogs are in good health and worm free but you know what assume does, makes a ass out of u and me. But anyway somebody is feeding too much or somebody is not feeding enough. I know everybody has their food they like but I have trouble believing that a dog can be hunted very much on one cup of feed.
Volfan,
It could be the size of the dog. I have a 15" and 15.5" with a large build that can look pretty good at anwhere from 30-40 lbs. I feed them 1 cup 2X a day. I could see someone that has a 13" dog with a slight build that is 20 lbs. feeding about 1/2 that.
[img]http://media5000.dropshots.com/pho ... .jpg[/img]
2016-7th Annual MLK Day Rabbit Hunting Extravaganza

Volfan

Post by Volfan »

yea thats possible didn't think of it that way

cris axtell/coal hill ken

Post by cris axtell/coal hill ken »

sportsmans pride
COAL HILL KENNELS. LP GR CH Coal Hill's Brush Buster. 2014 PA state champion LP GR CH Coal Hill's Mama Cass. 2010 PA state champion LP R CH GR BCH Coal Hill's Princess Willow HOG DOG POWER!!!!

rabbithunter30

Post by rabbithunter30 »

i feed Diamond Premium Adult 26/18 2 1/2 cups a day year round its only about $22 a 50# bag down here in Alabama... But it keeps my hounds looking good all the time and i run about 6 to 7 days a week
Antonio Ford
You Can Feed A Champion For The Same Price You Can Feed One Ain't Worth Sh&%!!!!!
http://www.a-abeaglekennels.webs.com