Can Money buy Quality?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

hounddog

Re: Can Money buy Quality?

Post by hounddog »

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. wrote:
hounddog wrote:
deerhost wrote:I agree with everything you said. But I don't think only the rich will have good dogs. I think that any person who has access to good rabbit dog stock or blood and has the time to put plenty of tracks in front of those dogs can have a great dog. The person with money can just do it with a whole lot less work because they can just buy a great dog......DH
My feelings, exactly! I've never been rich therefore I get my hounds the hard way, I make them.

hounddog
Jim Umbarger
I bet that looks as wierd as it sounds, Hand me that horn dog. :lol:
Jimmie, they don't call me hounddog for nothing! :shock: :biggrin:

hounddog
Jim Umbarger
---------Jump Mountain Kennels-----------
540-292-3000

Tsa la gi

Post by Tsa la gi »

Like I said runnin hounds not for sale.
Augerhead where are you and have we met?

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Why is it that you can price a good dog cheap and nobody bites? Price em high everyone wants it.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

augerhead

Post by augerhead »

Charlie, yeah I'm the big dumb hillbilly that hunts with buck, his cousin Tommy but don't tell anybody.

Tsa la gi

Post by Tsa la gi »

Mums the word Augerhead. Glad I know who I`m talkin with. Boy wait till I see ya again can`t wait to tell ya what Buck said about ya.N far be it from me to get anything started. :dance:

T LEE

Post by T LEE »

Tsa la gi wrote:Buck Ol Friend MY Runnin HOUNDS AIN~T for sale to any body at any price. Money don`t run rabbits and I`d just have to start over again.

Tsa la gi , I felt the way until I came to the conclusion that all dogs can be replaced. I know we feel like that’s Not the case and if Ol’ so and so were gone what would we ever do.

A few years back a board member came to my kennel to buy a pup that I had for sale. He paid me for the pup and then pointed at one of the dogs in my kennel that was Not for sale (like you said…at Any cost). He then told me he has ran against that dog in trials before and was also going to buy that dog to. I was thinking he’s kidding at first. He then started placing $100 bills on a table I used for kennel supplies and the stack got higher and higher. He then told me to “tell him when to quit”. He went home with both pup and adult dog.

I did replace the dog later with another and in some ways the new dogs had qualities that I liked even better. Back then you could have never convinced me other wise

bucks better beagles

Post by bucks better beagles »

MGB: No offense meant, None taken.

Thanks Augerhead for giving away my secret buying technique...

rabbitsmoker

Post by rabbitsmoker »

You run a ad a dog for sale 200 bucks and you get a few calls Change that price to 800 bucks and eyebrows rise and the phone rings off the hook First thing some thinks when they see a dog priced that high must be a heck of a dog When i see one priced high first thing i think is they dont wont to sell I may be offered alot for a dog but if i wont to sell i will not price one for a stupid amount If you want the price to get unreal on a good dog take someone who has computer accesss with the dog and they will have your dog worth alot in just a bit LOL
Last edited by rabbitsmoker on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

South Woods kennel

Post by South Woods kennel »

I have a dog right now that no one could buy from me.
Home of:

FC Lp South Woods Snooper
FC South Woods Cyclone
FC South Woods Miley
FC Lp South Woods Balla
CNLPC IFC South Woods Libby
NR FC South Woods Spike
FC South Woods Hazel

Tsa la gi

Post by Tsa la gi »

Buck,
I know you haven`t got a dog you wouldn`t sell if the profit was right.

BUT I recall a time unless this was one of your fish stories. THE MAN laid a check on my knee and said fill it out, Bojangles a Banjo, now get off your stool and get down with the rest of us that value what we have more than money, an I`m like most I could use some.Don`t know of many that couldn`t

rabbitsmoker

Post by rabbitsmoker »

I got 4 that couldnt be bought for a what there worth But they could be bought but it would be alot more than ther worth Aroundd here everything can be bought except the wife- kids and grandkids if a fool offers enuff money My dad used to say im not married to nothin but my wife and i have to much in her to ever break even Back in 1977 a guy ask him what it would take to buy his Jesse dog he said wouldnt put a price on her but you can the guy said 1000 bucks my dad said load your dog Think about 1000 bucks for a dog in 1977 and they both was sober LOL

bucks better beagles

Post by bucks better beagles »

Sorry Charley, I can remember those days and I sure was a foolish kid. I like my dogs but they can be bought and bought rather reasonable. That is why I hunt so much. I get bored with the same old mouths and the same old dogs. I like something new every now and then. i like to see a young dog turn the corner and become whatever it is he can become. By the time they are 3 years old, they are usually gone from my place. May not be for everybody but it works for me.

See low

Post by See low »

Money talks every one knows that. Its not the quality of the dog that men differ on. It's the value of money. Most hunters With any experience know what a nice dog is. The question is and always will be. what does it take to get it done? A guy ask me one time, how much for the best dog I had. I answered by simply saying, "it takes liking him more than I do"

See low

Post by See low »

Money talks every one knows that. Its not the quality of the dog that men differ on. It's the value of money. Most hunters With any experience know what a nice dog is. The question is and always will be. what does it take to get it done? A guy ask me one time, how much for the best dog I had. I answered by simply saying, "it takes liking him more than I do"

2TONE

Post by 2TONE »

Can Money buy Quality?........... Yes

Money does not produce the quality it in the dog, but I believe, yes it can buy that quality. Maybe not any particular hound, but over a period of time I believe that a person with money, that is willing to pay and knows what a superior hound is can buy one or many such dogs. Honestly, there are people out there that have lots money (rich) and if they want to build a pack of great hounds they will. It may not include your dog, my dog, or Joe Blow's dog, but believe me they will find others.

I have had one great dog in my lifetime that was not for sale for any price, I knew it was my dog of my lifetime, we I only live once, right..........I need money just like anyone else, but i would be crazy to think that over time that buyer couldn't buy another dog like my Jack. At any particular time everyone has different things going on in the lives, different pressures, different responsibilities; had my situation changed back then substantially, Jack might have found a new home. I loved "old Jack", but the reality of it is, there were and still are some things more important to me than him, that I would reluctantly sell him for.

JMO

2tone
2tone hounds, straining at the leash.