Daddy Rabbit Kennels

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

NoShowBeagles

Daddy Rabbit Kennels

Post by NoShowBeagles »

Anyone have these dogs?
NOSHOW BEAGLES
PROGRESSIVE PACK GUNDOGS
KYLE BRAGG
NOSHOW WHITE GIRL
DADDY RABBIT'S TARA
NOSHOW HELLO DARLIN
NOSHOW IM NOT LISA
828-460-1373

M&M BEAGLES

Re: Daddy Rabbit Kennels

Post by M&M BEAGLES »

yes i have a female and my buddy has a male directly from daddy rabbit kennels,i have bin there twice,watched his dogs run rabbits,what would you like to know i might be able to help.

NoShowBeagles

Post by NoShowBeagles »

i know these dogs are all arha registered but what do they lack for the spo and gundog brace trials? I have heard they are just not fit for akc. are they worth switching to arha trials?
NOSHOW BEAGLES
PROGRESSIVE PACK GUNDOGS
KYLE BRAGG
NOSHOW WHITE GIRL
DADDY RABBIT'S TARA
NOSHOW HELLO DARLIN
NOSHOW IM NOT LISA
828-460-1373

Newt

Post by Newt »

NoShowBeagles wrote:i know these dogs are all arha registered but what do they lack for the spo and gundog brace trials? I have heard they are just not fit for akc. are they worth switching to arha trials?
Its all just an opinion. What speed dog do you like and what are you planning on doing with the dogs?

M&M BEAGLES

Post by M&M BEAGLES »

his dogs are progressive pack style, medium to upper medium speed,good hunt,good line control,good check work, i dont think these dogs lack anything for some akc formats but akc just dont let arha registered hounds compete in there trials, arha will let akc registered hounds compete you should go to a progressive pack hunt and watch the dogs or enter your spo dog and see if they compare, he had alot of sucess with these hounds he made hof along with 3 of his hounds and many rch and grch hounds. if you like arha trails it might be worth giving it a try.

NoShowBeagles

Post by NoShowBeagles »

if only i could get them akc registered. Just not alot of arha trials here
NOSHOW BEAGLES
PROGRESSIVE PACK GUNDOGS
KYLE BRAGG
NOSHOW WHITE GIRL
DADDY RABBIT'S TARA
NOSHOW HELLO DARLIN
NOSHOW IM NOT LISA
828-460-1373

Aubrey Holcombe

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

Say,, My Mutts wouldn't stay down with those AKC,, Hounds ??

Hope the pups turned out to be what you boys were looking for, as I spend many hours, in the Field with my Gun Dogs,, never have breed them for the Trials, but if they pass the test under the 410's then I have no problems breeding them, for Gun Hunting Now days.. Getting to Ol for the Trials,, will be 73 on June 30th. Don't do the Big Roads,, to well anymore..

Keep me posted, as I try to have some good breed pups, at all times..

Keep looking Up!
D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> Dixie Land ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>> :dance:
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia

mountain man

Post by mountain man »

Jim Lipscomb in virginia has some dogs out of this bloodline. i bred a bitch to a male he has that went back to georgia bee. Really liked the way georgia bee ran and hunted. I waited to long to breed directly to this dog which i still regret but i like what i see out of the 2 dogs i kept out of the litter i bred. My dogs and Jim's are akc registered and most will trial in akc. I run what i classify as medium fast with control.

Aubrey Holcombe

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

Hello From Rabbit Town, USA:

Say good to hear that someone, up Va. way got to breed to that litlle Red Male,, I called Daddy Rabbit's Georgia B. !

He was a heck of a Wabbit Dawg, and Mr. Jim L. seen him here at my place when he was just a pup, less than a year old!! He had one problem that I Did Not Like!! I explained it to Jim, and he didn't seem to have any concerns? So he ask me to price that pup,, which I did and the rest is History.

At One time Every hound that I owned I keep the AKC papers up on them.. Then I started to running my hounds with the ARHA, when the progressive pack came around in the 1990's ,, did rather well for a Red neck, from Ga. The AKC went crazy with their Cost, so I have just about dropped all my AKC,, as all they wanted was Mo Money, $$ ? Fine organization,, for those that have the Green Stamps ! I am a Po Boy, living on an old man's fixed income,, so now days,, I keep all my young hounds, up to date with the ARHA/NKC and they so easy to Work with,, Miss Joyce (loud mouth) their office Mgr. is Always there will to help me out if and when I need help..

Anyone ever need any Gun dogs,, shoot me a P.M. as I am still breeding and raising and training them old Red Gun Dogs..

At 73 Not able to drive the Big Roads anymore, but still have the same oold Mutts..
D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>Dixie Land~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>> :dance:
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

If I lived in ga I would buy two . Videos don't lie ! ;)
TheJohnBirchSociety

underdog

Post by underdog »

I enjoy watching Daddy Rabbit videos. His hounds get after it in those thick Georgia briars.

mountain man

Post by mountain man »

Daddy Rabbit i'll have to ask Jimmy what that one problem was. But i've seen some good dogs off of him. As long as i can do it i'm going to keep some of that blood in my pack. If the club i'm a member of would let us run hounds registered to anything besides akc i would try and get a couple more from you to help me keep it around. I loved his hunt grit and stamina with good foot to boot.