Long haired beagle

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Long haired beagle

Post by Guest »

Have any of you people ever seen a beagle with long hair. I recently purchased a NKC female pup from a lady who sure it was pure,but now I'm wondering if I was had! I know that pure bred don't make the dog because she does chase rabbits and that is all I do no competition.

bunnieharvester

Post by bunnieharvester »

I have seen long haired beagles before, I posted it once on RHO, and a half dozen guys said they too had seen them, believe they can out of the old English packs........

DarrinG

Re: Long haired beagle

Post by DarrinG »

Anonymous wrote:Have any of you people ever seen a beagle with long hair?
Does the beagle smoke marijuana and wear tie-dyed tee shirts and a hippie helmet too?? :D

{{couldnt resist}} :)
+++
He's coming....are you ready?

WSRandy

Post by WSRandy »

If the beagle is smokin' pot he probally aint' inhaling LOL.... Shannon

Post by Guest »

Darrin only a man of your profession would think of this :roll: ,,, Have to say I had an old friend that owned one long haired beagle, it sure did heat up fast ,had to run it in cold weather.......

yellowdog

Post by yellowdog »

how long of hair are ya talkin bout?...some of the hare bred dogs have longer than normal hair ....i got three with longer hair

Post by Guest »

This hounds hair is almost like a setter type hair. Long drooping hair off tail and legs, real thick mane. Thanks for all your responses. I guess it does matter what the look like as long as they run rabbits.

yellowdog

Post by yellowdog »

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?ph ... &password=
here is a pic of my long haired dog is this what you are talkin bout?

bunnie harvesterbru

Post by bunnie harvesterbru »

No Yellowdog, they look more like a Collies type hair, your dog looks winter ready to me........

yellowdog

Post by yellowdog »

i was just trying to clarify what we meant by long hair...my dogs get longer hair every winter ...i have never seen a beagle wih collie type hair...anybody got a pic?

PCBEAGLER

Post by PCBEAGLER »

How long of hair does the Beagle have?

I've got a year old male AKC registered that has hair about 2- 2 1/2" long but straight and a 2 year old Female that probably doesn't have hair over 1/2" long.

I guess my question is what length of hair should a beagle have by the breed standards?

Dave Young

yellowdog

Post by yellowdog »

Brewer

Post by Brewer »

Yellowdog, I would say that pic of yours might be some sort of coonhound........... ;)

Deke

Post by Deke »

Yellowdog,

I thought this was a beagle board? I think UKC has a page for coonhounds!! :D

lmao

Deke

Post by Guest »

i have a couple older bred branko hounds that look like yellowdogs,,,,,,