midwest ?

Questions and Discussions about registry, rules and beagle field trialing in AKC. ARHA/NKC, CKC-Can, CKC-USA, PKC and UKC, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

TrlBustinBeagle

midwest ?

Post by TrlBustinBeagle »

Why does the running orders for the classes never change? I can understand not switching the 15in males around due to the large turnouts at times, but why continually keep both bitch classes on Thurs or Fridays when they continue to have bigger #'s than 13in males? Why not put or alternate the female classes on sundays every once in awhile. We all want more #'s at the trials so why not put a female class on a different date and see if that helps?
Trail Bustin Beagles
Winners Train While Losers Complain

RIP:
Nr FC Juls Trail Bustin Hollie
Fld Wnr. JJ's Magnificent Maggie
Home of:
Trail Bustins Josie Wales
Trail Bustin's Magnificent Maxie

deadeyebeagle

Re: midwest ?

Post by deadeyebeagle »

Southern WV Beagle Club Pliny WV AKC Midwest Trial Oct.26-28
by Mike Gibeaut » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Southern West Virginia Beagle Club at Pliny WV will be having their Licensed AKC Midwest Trial SPO on October 26-28.Early Registration at 6:00 am each day Closing at 8:00 am each day.Breakfast and Lunch will be served at Club House.No Kennels Bring Tie Outs.Running at Club House,Winfield Locks,and Robert C. Byrd Locks.$25.00 Entry

13" Females Friday October 26
Jamie Blair Joe Clark
13" Males Friday October 26
Matt Marple Kevin Worthington
15"Males Saturday October 27
Earl Rice Arlie Thompson
15" Females Sunday October 28
Merritt Robinson Dan Spaulding

For More Information Call Ryan Cassel 304-751-0123 Mark Kisamore 304-576-3341 or Mike Gibeaut 304-344-2153
Last edited by Mike Gibeaut on Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Gibeaut
Listen to your Dogs With Your Ears Watch Them With Your Eyes Leave your Ego At Home
Mike Gibeaut

DEADEYES POACHER

jleerockit

Post by jleerockit »

U might wanna look at this past weekends running order..
Lol.

TrlBustinBeagle

Jleerockit I'm referring to the usual 3-4 day trials. The 2 day trials are great, but not enough clubs have the running room nor help to just use the 2 day format.
Trail Bustin Beagles

RIP:
Home of:

nhharris78

Post by nhharris78 »

If you will go to the Midwest Gundog website you can view 90% of the upcoming trials and thier running order. I dont believe there are any 4 day trials anymore and pretty sure big bitches just about always run on the weekend. On the 3 day trials its just about always the 13's on friday then 15's on saturday and sunday. hope this helps.
Nate Harris
Shultz Creek Kennel
FCGD Skeeter Creek's Ruby Lou
FCGD Smith's Stormin Ida
NRFC Shultz Creeks Hillbilly Gauge

jdmart

Post by jdmart »

My club now runs two day trails. Males on Saturday and females on Sunday. The changing of the 13" male class to Friday has had me puzzled. For the guys who run both classes it really causes a problem. With the lower numbers in the little male class I just don't see the wisdom in this. The big female class isn't that large to cause problems getting it completed most of the time. My little male probably won't see over one or two trials because of this. Just hurts entries.

TrlBustinBeagle

Jeff I know exactly what you mean about Friday trials in general. Its not always easy to continually take off work just to chase a title. 2 day trials seem to really help our sport. Its just a shame all the clubs can't go to that format. I realize with all the clubs and scheduling without many conflicts isn't that simple but could one of our problems be that we now might just have too many clubs for our association? Would fewer clubs allow for more trials for the clubs with effecient enough groundsbe a help to our sport? I'm just throwing that opinion out there. In no way am I saying we just need to dump clubs.
Trail Bustin Beagles

RIP:
Home of: