The complete hound

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Re: The complete hound

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Mo. Beagler 5000 wrote:
Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. wrote:Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, sorry where were we?
Didn't realize this thread was for your personal enjoyment. Here is some smilies until it gets more enjoyable
:moon: :nod: :loser: :biggrin: :bozo: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :hug: :hug: :yuck: :shhh: :dunce: :confused:

sorry, I am bored today.. its a half day and parents aren't showing up to their scheduled appointments. No wonder why we have so many tardies this year!!
Thats because the Goverment has possibly cloned the perfect parents, Draw a ck and sit on your azz. Wait a minute maybe we are on to something. Cloning has worked in kentucky its called welfare and about 30% of the state draws it. Why work? Lets sell our scritps and eat eggs all day. Food stamps rule just curious how long it will be before they can buy beer and lottery tickets with em.So yes genotoloist will work.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

Newt

Post by Newt »

The argument that academia/biologists could more quickly make a perfect beagle got me to thinking.
Washington DC is filled with the best and brightest economists from the top universities in the country. All have perfected their economic models at Harvard, Yale, and Princeton. After four years, why isn't it fixed.

Captain John Smith - the founder of Jamestown, said "He who does not work neither shall he eat" when encouraging the settlers to farm and not eat their stocks of food

It originally comes from the Apostle Paul, in 2 Thessalonians 3: "For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat."

That worked for the country over two hundred years then the educated fools got control.

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

Newt wrote:The argument that academia/biologists could more quickly make a perfect beagle got me to thinking.
Washington DC is filled with the best and brightest economists from the top universities in the country. All have perfected their economic models at Harvard, Yale, and Princeton. After four years, why isn't it fixed.

Captain John Smith - the founder of Jamestown, said "He who does not work neither shall he eat" when encouraging the settlers to farm and not eat their stocks of food

It originally comes from the Apostle Paul, in 2 Thessalonians 3: "For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat."

That worked for the country over two hundred years then the educated fools got control.
Against my better judgement I am going to disagree with you and say that its hasn't worked over the last two hundred years. In every single decade of American history there has been the have's and have not's... From Washington to Obama.. The free market is never really free and we wouldn't want it to be either... Out side of the early 20's 50's and the 90's when we had the lowest unemployment rates we still had lots of folks who wanted jobs and couldn't find them.. Our country's past is not nearly as rosy as people make it out to be.. Unless you watch Rush L and listen too Glen Beck..
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

:lol:

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Just because Corporate Welfare saved your job, don't be a jerk to those whose lives have been devastated by the fleecing of America during the Bush years.
This isn't the politico section of the board anyway, thought we was talk'n hounds... :argue: :hammer:

mobeagle

Post by mobeagle »

This discussion has been going on for years. I'm on a couple coyote forums and this is a topic thats never ending.

I will offer my opinion on it. I'm of the belief that todays breeders are making the breed worse instead of better for the most part. They're breeding for all the wrong things. Everyone today just wants to talk about how fast their dog is and what a good looking hound it is. While I to like those things they're the last two things I'm looking for when it comes to a dog to hunt over. Thats what they're for right?

I told a guy one time that had a bitch that was just burner fast that she wasnt a complete dog....problem was she was so terrible on a check I wouldnt have gave a nickel for her she always relied on the other dogs to pick it up.. The guy just couldnt see it. I tried to tell him she couldnt run crap without the other dogs and he just wasnt hearin it. We pulled the other dogs and she was lost. Could run one hot for a couple minutes and that was it. After doin this to her a few times he got the point. After watching the other dogs run great races without her he could finally see what I meant when I told him she was reliant on other dogs. Plenty of dogs that can be made to look good by other dogs and sometimes the owner of those dogs cant see it until that dogs out there solo. I suppose they probably still dont see it sometimes then probably just blame it on conditions.
Take your kids huntin and you wont have to hunt for your kids.

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

Mo beagler what u say in ur last post I see all the time. That is the main reason I posted this topic

I guess I have to look at it like this
A slower colder nose hound can always run a rabbit,but there are times when that hotter nose hound cant run
I am hungrey all the time so I want a hound that can run all the time

I love a fast hound just like the nose and hunt to go with it

Let keep the politices out of this post as were all doomed cause dem. And rep. Cant work together. Took me a long time to learn u can do a lot more with a bit of team work

warddog

Post by warddog »

mobeagle wrote:This discussion has been going on for years. I'm on a couple coyote forums and this is a topic thats never ending.

I will offer my opinion on it. I'm of the belief that todays breeders are making the breed worse instead of better for the most part. They're breeding for all the wrong things. Everyone today just wants to talk about how fast their dog is and what a good looking hound it is. While I to like those things they're the last two things I'm looking for when it comes to a dog to hunt over. Thats what they're for right?

I told a guy one time that had a bitch that was just burner fast that she wasnt a complete dog....problem was she was so terrible on a check I wouldnt have gave a nickel for her she always relied on the other dogs to pick it up.. The guy just couldnt see it. I tried to tell him she couldnt run crap without the other dogs and he just wasnt hearin it. We pulled the other dogs and she was lost. Could run one hot for a couple minutes and that was it. After doin this to her a few times he got the point. After watching the other dogs run great races without her he could finally see what I meant when I told him she was reliant on other dogs. Plenty of dogs that can be made to look good by other dogs and sometimes the owner of those dogs cant see it until that dogs out there solo. I suppose they probably still dont see it sometimes then probably just blame it on conditions.
I will have to agree with this and when I judge a dogs worthiness it is on what that dog can do by itself and NOT in a pack. I understand that in nature they are pack animals and they depend on the pack for survival but thewn again the law of nature is survival of the fittest so the fittest or complete hound is one that can survive on it's own. Packing is nice but they shouldn't depend on it but rather succed in what they do in spite of it. How a dog does so is a matter of personal huiman tatse but when left to the elements og nature alone, nature will be the judge of the complete dog and Mother nature is as hard on those not making the grade as I've ever seen anyone be!

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

I agree a complete hound feed its self