Gauge Vlll

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

littlewoody

Gauge Vlll

Post by littlewoody »

Does anyone have the pedigree on Gauge ? Can you tell me about his line control and speed and hunt ? :D
TheJohnBirchSociety

Big Mike

Re: Gauge Vlll

Post by Big Mike »

sundownbeagles.com ..... their website has a "contact us" icon for any questions
Big Mike

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

Big Mike wrote:sundownbeagles.com ..... their website has a "contact us" icon for any questions
I contacted them a while ago about a ? Never got back to me .
TheJohnBirchSociety

ohlinger

Post by ohlinger »

I gun hunted over gauge several times last year he is a solid hound he has a head full of brains hunt good not extreme jump dog but will find rabbits and get his fair share of jumps foot and line control is dictated by the scenting conditions in other words he follows his nose and doesn't get crazy under pressure. He's a rabbit dog like they should be his pedigree is posted in this months American beagler magazine. Gauge was purchased from Terry Lowes' wife after his untimely and unexpected passing. He'll show you rabbits in tough conditions and uses correct mouth.
NO LUCK KENNEL 330-987-5883 noluckkennels.webs.com

APFII

Post by APFII »

littlewoody wrote:
Big Mike wrote:sundownbeagles.com ..... their website has a "contact us" icon for any questions
Try them again they were hunting Hare in Maine.

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

APFII wrote:
littlewoody wrote:
Try them again they were hunting Hare in Maine.

This was over a year ago I try contacting them. I had a ? about another hound.
TheJohnBirchSociety

Sundown Beagles

Post by Sundown Beagles »

Littlewoody, sorry if we failed to get back to you in a timely manner. I try but I am human and may have missed getting back to you. Sorry. If I can be of help please give me a call but understand you may need to leave a message as I am a little tough to get ahold of.
Gauge VIII is out of Rock Run Sonny and Miller's Lowe Rose II. He is a very solid rabbit dog and as Ohlinger said he runs with brains. We did purchase him as a started hound from Ms. Lowe and have enjoyed trialing him in UKC, AKC and PKC. Just got back from a week of hare hunting with him and others. NO problem pounding a hare!!!!

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

Sundown Beagles wrote:Littlewoody, sorry if we failed to get back to you in a timely manner. I try but I am human and may have missed getting back to you. Sorry. If I can be of help please give me a call but understand you may need to leave a message as I am a little tough to get ahold of.
Gauge VIII is out of Rock Run Sonny and Miller's Lowe Rose II. He is a very solid rabbit dog and as Ohlinger said he runs with brains. We did purchase him as a started hound from Ms. Lowe and have enjoyed trialing him in UKC, AKC and PKC. Just got back from a week of hare hunting with him and others. NO problem pounding a hare!!!!
. Thanks for answering my ? About gauge . I have no hard feeling about not getting back to me . Another great hound from sundown kennel .
TheJohnBirchSociety

wvbill

Post by wvbill »

Gauge is first and foremost a rabbit dog. I have seen him run cottontail and I've gunned hare over him for two years in Maine. Very solid dog, he has BRAINS, great hunt and can move a track but isn't wild and crazy. He does it the way it should be done. Is he perfect... No, but I can tell you he could live here with me anyday because he is that nice and just not because he has the titles.
MOUNTAIN VIEW BEAGLES
"WHERE HUNT AND SHOW ARE ONE"
Martinsburg, WV

Ken Yerian

Post by Ken Yerian »

Terry would have very proud of Gauge's accomplishments. Terry and I used to get together and run dogs and hunt . Gauge was certainly developing into a very nice young dog when Terry passed away. My hat's off to the McVay's for helping the Lowes out during a most difficult time. Terry was a great guy and an avid beagler. While he did trial some his main passion was hunting.
Ken Yerian
Burr Oak Beagles