Who's Hoarding all the 22LR Ammo?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Wicker's Beagles

Who's Hoarding all the 22LR Ammo?

Post by Wicker's Beagles »

Where has all the 22 LR Rimfire Gone? or any Ammo for that matter?
It's soon going to be worth penny's again as the manufacturers flood the market in an attempt to meet this falsely inflated demand....
Last edited by Wicker's Beagles on Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

reddog1

Re: Who's Hoarding all the 22LR Ammo?

Post by reddog1 »

Working at Gander Mountain I can tell you that it is not the manufacturer's or our Government. It's the idiots that line up 3 hours before we open on truck day and buy everything that we get in. It's the same people every week. It is sad to say but we have had to start limiting the amount of ammo that one person can buy so everyone can get a chance at it. Sadly us employee's loose out because we can not save any ammo for ourselves.

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

Small shops seem to have it up here it's the bigger places like Wally world that have bare shelves. The small gun shops and hardware stores with sporting goods seem to have .22lr in stock you just might not find the exact one you usually shoot. I've seen AR Tactical .22, gator ammo, Wildcats, American Eagle, Mini Mags, Blazers....all in bulk packs for sale up here.

Wicker's Beagles

Post by Wicker's Beagles »

reddog1, I agree 100% .....

Best way to stop the maddness is just stop buying any ammo, if we would all stop panic buying the supply would quickly increase, the price would fall back to normal then the Idiots that have been purchasing it all up to resale at a 300% proffit on auctions and gun shows would quickly lose their azz...

rjpat

Post by rjpat »

Who's making all the extra money the manufacturer or the store

Bull_357

Post by Bull_357 »

Everyone that goes out and buys cases of ammo or reloading supplies at a time is the only ones to blame for this cause! No laws have changed to make such a drastic change and "fear" into the American people to cause such a increase of purchase of firearms and ammo. Only thing you are causing is an increase in price to whatever the hell they feel like making it, and a shortage of ammo and weapons for anyone that wants to continue living life normally. Keep buying them up guys by next year a box of shotgun shells should be around 30 bucks and more to come since you just keep buying it up at these ridiculous prices. Now if a law does start to change then sure go the heck to it buy w/e you want in any quantity you want, but for now quit playing their games! This has happened several other times just think back and guess what a year later everything was normal again. This time people are dragging it out even longer tho (yes people your causing this) so it may take a few for this one to calm down again.
Contenderized

madcatter

Post by madcatter »

well you can google the homeland security buying up 1.6 billion rounds of ammo to dump in the ocean and believe it or not.
you can believe that the purpose is to create a shortage to turn the sub series hunter to just say,its to much money/to hard to get ammo so i quit,then after 10 years of this they can have little resistance from groups of sportsman/gunowers
you can also move this topic outta the talking dawgs area and put it in gun laws and hunting legislation.....
:dance:
also rumor flying around about the ammo manufactures changing the chemical compounds of primers so they will not work after 12-14 months of mixing date,so when the ammo is outrageous priced,they will cash in on it big time...
invest in ammo stocks folks

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

Bull_357 wrote:Everyone that goes out and buys cases of ammo or reloading supplies at a time is the only ones to blame for this cause!
Ridiculous statement, I've bought case lots for ages rather than stopping by a shop every trip to the range. Same with reloading if you order 1 lb of powder you pay the full hazmat fee so only a fool would do it. :nod:

Bull_357

Post by Bull_357 »

Im not talking about once a year or w/e I am talking about the people that are sitting waiting for the trucks to come in and buying every case that shows up. I buy all my stuff in bulk but its every once in a great while thats the purpose of buying in bulk.
Contenderized

Chris Shoopman

Post by Chris Shoopman »

I Stop at My Local Walmart 2-3 times a week on the way to work I buy as much as I can. nothing wrong with it...

FORDWRENCH

Post by FORDWRENCH »

Blame your government for the shortage... Not the 25 guys at gander mountain that see the writing on the wall. Wake up people! Lets face it.. people have died all accross this country for a multitude of reasons. Yet the focus on assualt rifles and clip bans solves NOTHING. Alcohol and drug related problems far outweigh assault weapons deaths yet i can buy alcohol in almost every city in america. This move is totally political. And btw my wifes brothers was shot by some idiot with a pistol so you dont have to TELL me. Keep voting for the savor in the w house and dont you dare complain... Sad!!!!
Throw me to the wolves and i will return leading the pack!

HatterasBob

Post by HatterasBob »

madcatter wrote:well you can google the homeland security buying up 1.6 billion rounds of ammo to dump in the ocean and believe it or not.
According to Forbe and Fox News, They are buying 1.6 billion rounds of ammo over the next 5 years, but it is NOT being dumped in the ocean.

FORDWRENCH

Post by FORDWRENCH »

Two different ideas being thrown around about the mass purchase. A.. means to control the availability of ammo since they are fighting a losing battle so far with new gun laws. And B.. a more propaganda based idea of mass social unrest that may develop if certain economic conditions develop. Namely , the effects of food shortage an a skyrocketing inflation of meat. Either idea hurts us all. I know i can no longer ignore what looms the horizon. All my ammo, hoarded or not will be used sparingly for hunting from now on. I ll truly feel terrible if i cannot afford to hunt in the future due to ammo being unavailable or too expensive.
Throw me to the wolves and i will return leading the pack!

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

fordwrench :nod:
not just going out to shoot a 100 rounds anymore :cry:
i like to shoot my 22 long 300 yards to keep my tringer finger steady. an offten fire 100 stright rounds a week not anymore. i took the metal plates and put them in the barn. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
never no when you cant buy it anymore. i used to shoot 500 rounds a week cost me 8 dollars now that same box is 24.00 rediculas

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

It would be nice to have enough capital to start a bullet making company right now. Too bad its cost prohibitive.

Eventually the market willcorrect itself. It always does. Still, its frustrating as hell if your just a hunter wanting a few rounds to shoot squirrels with.
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.