Some Board Changes, Listen Up!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

les guynn

Re: Some Board Changes, Listen Up!

Post by les guynn »

Doing great BEV, Still think, make them but their real name, in place of those hid behind names, that will shut the trouble maker up every time. Just speaking up again.

Rowco Beagle Kennels

Post by Rowco Beagle Kennels »

I like everything you said. I am a relatively new user. I have also used the prayer line for my wife who is fighting cancer. Reading the forum has given me a lot of needed relief during a very stressful time in our life. I am still learning how to use all the features but you have been so helpful. If we will just remember the words of Jesus: "Do unto others as you would have them do to you;" and "do good to them that despitefully use you," the World will be a better place. THANK YOU FOR PROVIDING THIS SERVICE, ROWCO Beagle Kennels, Bobby, John, and Mike Williams

les guynn

Post by les guynn »

Hi Bev, I really thought you would go along with my suggestion on real names after all the GRAP YOU BUT UP WITH ON THE OTHER FORUM. yOU KNOW THAT WOULD CALM DOWN THE TROUBLE MAKERS, and stop all the BS on This forum.GOD BLESS
Last edited by les guynn on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

les guynn

Post by les guynn »

Hi Bev, I really thought you would go along with my suggestion on real names after all the GRAP YOU BUT UP WITH ON THE OTHER FORUM. yOU KNOW THAT WOULD CALM DOWN THE TROUBLE MAKERS, and stop all the BS on This forum.GOD BLESS

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Les, I do think it's a good suggestion, but we have several thousand members who have been here a while. It would be a tremendous undertaking to delete and re-register everyone with real names. Hopefully, they will post their real names in their signature or at the end of a post now and then. Most people it seems (these days) are pretty good about making themselves known in one way or another. I've found the troublemakers will be troublemakers with their real names, too. In fact, most of the time they want everyone to know who they are because they are so proud of themselves, lol.

les guynn

Post by les guynn »

Hi Bev, I guess you are right in this, since you but it that way, trouble makers just don't ever miss the chance to show off, Keep up the good work for all of us Beagle Men and Women out here. GOD BLESS

dhoundman

Post by dhoundman »

you said it right we shouldALL BE THANKFULL FOR THE SERVICES AND SHOW IT BY BEING RESPECTFULL TO OTHERS. IN OTHER WORDS YOU GO GIRL
Bev wrote:Stony, Pike Ridge and I just got done with an hour-long web meeting where we discussed the administration of this board. There are going to be some changes that some of you won't like, most of you I believe will.

1. There will be no slamming the board, its rules, or the moddys (including me). You are a guest here, and you will have to show respect and manners -- even if you disagree with how we do things. We have a PM feature if you want to object to something. If you think you are at liberty to embarrass us or hold our feet to the fire over something, you are wrong. We will start deleting any and all posts we find to be of an insulting nature that are aimed at those providing you this forum. If we find we have to delete your posts often, (and you aren't learning from your mistakes) then you will be gone. When dogs bite the hand that feeds them, they don't stay in the kennel long.

2. We have created an Administrator's forum that is accessible by only us. We will utilize this forum to keep each other updated on who had to have corrective action and when. The info will stay there forever. If we find you have a history of coming here mostly just to stir a turrd, it may be a deciding factor if we are considering termination of your membership.

3. Do NOT make slanderous remarks or pick fights with other board members. This is not kindergarten. It's an adult discussion board where ideas are shared and sometimes debated. It can be done in an adult manner. Read this part carefully. I don't care if you have a quick temper. I don't care if you are just a teenager. I don't care if somebody said something about you first. You do not get a pass from me. I don't care what your particular problem or excuse is. If you attack others personally, you will pay the price. Disagree with them all you want, but do it respectfully.

If you are pi$$ed right now reading this, then it probably applies to you especially. If You are glad to see this, then you are the type of members we want to attract and keep. We will not let you be abused, and we will not be abused by message board thugs.

Thank you.

dhoundman

Post by dhoundman »

good job guys this is old school rules when i was a child my father would whip me for acting like child :argue: he said you need to growe up i didn't understand till now that what he was saying you are a child and you are going to growe up so stop acting like this now. he was so smart
hope every one followes these new rules this is a good web site. :D :D :D

bucks better beagles

Post by bucks better beagles »

Bev, I think wildhare2 had a point. I also think this should apply to all the other forums. the one on "patriotism" comes to mine. This is especially vile and personal. Any possibility of applying it there?

jerwane

Post by jerwane »

Thanks to all who make this board a good place to go for information and friendship. And as my Gramps used to say "there has to be rules to keep us from being over bearing".

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

bucks, I've been thinking about making the patriotism forum a password protected forum. Discussing politics is always an invitation to an anything goes mudfight -- it's the nature of the beast. It's gonna happen. And like a trainwreck. It's horrific, but you can't look away. If I password protect it, the die-hards who like to vent can still do that, but people who are easily offended won't "stumble upon it."

I'm not sure exactly how to treat that forum, but I'm thinking on it.

bucks better beagles

Post by bucks better beagles »

Thanks Bev. Not knowing how to exactly deal with it is the problem I have. I try to conform with the various other protocol that you have, and I like to discuss politics but on this patriotism site, the boys get real virulent. I don't even mind that but I am afraid to fight dirt with dirt because of the general rules you have. It's anecdotal but, I was wounded being a patriot many years ago so the word "patriotism" may have a different meaning to me than it does for many of the others. Personal insults seem to be the theme of every post over there.

Thanks for your reply and keep up the good work.

BLACKBART

Post by BLACKBART »

HAVE JUST JOINED THIS FORUM AND HAVE ALREADY SEEN THIS BASHING GOING ON . I BELIEVE THAT THERE ARE A LOT OF KNOWLEDGEABLE HUNTERS OUT THERE THAT WOULD EXPRESS THERE OPPION ON CERTAIN TOPICS IF THEY WERE NOT MADE FUN OF. I ENJOY READING THEIR EXCHANGES OF THOUGHT, SO I'M GLAD YOU ARE MAKING THEM FEEL WELCOME AND RESPECTED. GOOD JOB.

Panther Creek

Post by Panther Creek »

Good job, Bev! :biggrin:
Panther Creek Beagles
Be faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life. Rev. 2:10

begles

Post by begles »

My hat is off to bev. you are doing a good job. David Hayden :angel: