Turbo Powered By Prop

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

David Bowers

Turbo Powered By Prop

Post by David Bowers »

I have two F.M. with him 4 times in there pedigree .Another with him in the top side. I would like to know what kind of a dog was he. Jumping, running, speed??? If you don't want to post on here send me a message.
Thanks,
David
Last edited by David Bowers on Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://sqdawgs.com/LOOK OUT THE WAY HE WENT KENNELS

ray s

Re: Turbo Powered By Pro.

Post by ray s »

I've never heard of him. Is he sired by Prop?

sanfordssj

Re: Turbo Powered By Pro.

Post by sanfordssj »

It should be turbo powered by prop
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

David Bowers

Re: Turbo Powered By Prop

Post by David Bowers »

Thanks Steve I changed it.

Rick G

Post by Rick G »

He was a heck of a hound! He was a 15" fast male. many of his wins and places came in the mid-west and large pack on both cottontail and deep South swampers. Not only was he a fine runner, he will be known as a very great producer..There are many FC's out of him. His wins came on both hot dry ground and snow, showing he had a very good nose. his sire was IFc Branko's Heli-Prop, and his dam was FC Elk Creek Blue Babe (old Branko top and bottom). Don Hoog was his owner and handler from Germantown Ohio.

David Bowers

Post by David Bowers »

Thanks Rick for your help. I just like to know a little about the dogs I am breeding. I have started over and went to all reg. dogs. I new Reggie was out of him and for what I can see he was a heck of a dog and has put several champs on the ground also.

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

If you search my post you will find a list that all of us put together a few years back. Swing started the thread. Over 50 field champions on it.
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
McDavids KY Lucky Charm

David Bowers

Post by David Bowers »

Thanks guys, I was told not to line breed them too tight because they overshot the track really bad. Any thought on that because Prop is 3rd generation back several times.
Steve I will look into that,thanks. Also if you got my message I sent you I may be calling you today. Its all on how this insurance guy treats me. LOL

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

I wouldnt line breed elk creek blue babe. That hasnt produced in my crosses. All were elk creek 2nd and 3rd generation on the litter. Ninja crosses, lumberjack, seem to be the best crosses when line breeding.
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
McDavids KY Lucky Charm

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

Turbo was a 15" beautiful bluetick with as close to perfect conformation as one could hope for. His temperment was second to none. He had his momma's hunt, which is excellent. He was an upper medium speed hound with good line control, but could handle the front. He was a consistant placer in licensed trials, but it took him a long time to finish. I wouldn't call him a dominant dog, but he was certainly a darn good one and well deserving of his title. Having said that, he was a fabulous producer, maybe the best the midwest has ever seen. His weakness was his owner! The guy just hasn't finished many dogs.:moon:

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Turbo was beautiful put- up hound that looked like I wish all my beagles looked.He enjoyed success trialing on swampers,cottontails and hare from New York to Louisiana.He's produced some real nice hounds.
I had been told that Don never could get him to leave the deer alone and I got to ask Don that question at a Large Pack trial in Arkansas at Buddy Whitehead's.Don acknowledged that he did have that issue from time to time.LOL.
Not trying to bash Turbo in any way.Heck, there's lots of Field champions that aren't broke!!
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch