A big THANK YOU!!!!!!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

wvdaniel

A big THANK YOU!!!!!!

Post by wvdaniel »

I just wanted to take a minute to thank Jim Hall and Mel Woods. Last night came home after my step daughters bday party and found out my 4 1/2 month old pup had ate a lot of cedar chips. They advised me what may help. Well she is not out of the woods yet but is a lot better this morning!!!!!!! Thanks for your help.

BCBeagles

Re: A big THANK YOU!!!!!!

Post by BCBeagles »

Glad to hear she is improving! Take care!

horsrman

Post by horsrman »

:?: Would you mind sharing the treatment just in case it happens to someone else?

wvdaniel

Post by wvdaniel »

I used a suringe of hot soapy water really easy up her butt. A Dose of Pepto-Bismol and sugar water. And some cooking oil. And so far it has worked. The cooking oil passes through her really fast and lubricanted her inside to help pass them easier. Like I said it sure helped because she is a lot better this morning.

wvdaniel

Post by wvdaniel »

Update on my pup. I took her to the vet last night because she was not eating and still not pooping. Vet thought at 1st Parvo I said I didn't think it was. So she tested her it was neg. so she checked worms and there was none. She keep her over night and said she would give her iv. She said I may be right it could be the cedar chips. She said she thinks she will be fine.

Moore Beagles

Post by Moore Beagles »

The Vet just had to throw in a few Tests? $$$
I used to have a Vet like that.. Used too
I'll keep My GOD, MY Freedom, My Guns, and My Money! You can keep the "CHANGE".

The Rich and Poor have a common bond, The LORD is the maker of them all. Proverbs 22:2

Blessed by the Best

wvdaniel

Post by wvdaniel »

Well I think I will keep this vet. After a emergency visit she kept her two nights 3days. Surgery and everything was $300 and that was two X-rays. Sadie is home now and doing well

k & m kennels

Post by k & m kennels »

Thats great to see your pup is OK :D