Primetime Trailblazer & Main Events Showtime

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Shady Grove Beagles

Primetime Trailblazer & Main Events Showtime

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

I just acquired a pup out of a Showtime daughter.This is my first time having a dog with this blood behind it and I would be interested in any comments from those that ran,hunted,judged or trialed against Showtime or his sire Trailblazer.Interested in what traits,characteristics these two had and reproduced ie,foot,line,check work,voice,nose,brains,etc.How about the dogs out of them?
I know Trailblazer was 2006 Better Beagling Top 15" male,Mid-West Assoc. High Hound 15" male and A.K.C. High Hound 15" male.
I know Showtime was 2008 Better Beagling Top 15" male,Mid-West Assoc. High Hound 15" male and won the Large Pack Nationals.
Given their outstanding accomplishments it doesn't seem like I hear about or see much about them as far as dogs out of them or showing up on anybody's TOP TEN list or being discussed by the Mid-West folks like others from back in the day????????????
Just curious and like to be informed as much as possible about a dog in my kennel.
Feel free to post here or P.M. me.
Thanks in advance.
Dana
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

main event`s beagles

Re: Primetime Trailblazer & Main Events Showtime

Post by main event`s beagles »

you rarely see hounds out of them for sale. timer wasn't bred a lot died at a young age but he was everything to look for in a hound
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S SAMMIE TO ME
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S ROXIE
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S JOE
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S COCO
LP RCH LPBCH BIG CITY'S CREEK
LP RCH LPBCH MAIN EVENT'S KILLA MASON

sbeagler

Post by sbeagler »

owned a sister to blazer huge nose clean hound. saw Showtime as a pup when Chris Howell (main event owned him placed 4th java village like 10 months old) Saw him the next year clean house checking dogs at Edinburg moving marked lines most dogs would not open on. i think went on to win the NLPC i think have a tad more nose than some of Nnja bred dogs. Ninja seem to have tad more hunt better driving hare if scent is up and longer life span. Either one could beat each other on any given day depending on the game and scenting conditions. 2 of the best bloodlines in history no doubt.

main event`s beagles

Post by main event`s beagles »

he placed 3rd steve lol first trial on hare probably the best trial I ever attended
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S SAMMIE TO ME
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S ROXIE
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S JOE
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S COCO
LP RCH LPBCH BIG CITY'S CREEK
LP RCH LPBCH MAIN EVENT'S KILLA MASON

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

They both died young & I don't know how much they were bred. They were great hounds, but I don't know if they would have been great producers unless used on a very good bitch, but I could have been wrong. They weren't around long enough after they finished to ever know for sure. Brandon Hill bred his Hard Rock bitch to Time to get Trailblazer. Blazer was very consistent & finished easily in the Mid-West. I think Trailblazer produced 3 FC's; FC Bush's Harley, FC Rock Run Hard Hitt'n Hanna & NLPC FC Main Events Showtime. It's still hard to believe that a cottontail dog like Showtime won the AKC Large Pack Nationals on hare. I raised a bitch by him that had 2 wins & Scott Music finished a 15" bitch by Showtime out of one of his FC females. I liked FC Pound The Ground Chance a little better the day I judged them together, but he died young also. His dam was Shawn Fetty's nice, FC Smith's Bonny Lou by Super Dog & a Prop bitch. Chance sired well known FC Cereal City Wango Tango. I bred to Chance also & like the male we kept, Axle. Maybe not a FC, but he's what I had in mind when I made the cross & has a lot of ability.
Nine year old Prime Time son, Ison's Colonel Cobalt owned by Terry Gray is still alive & producing really well. His pups are still young, but I have a hunch that Colonel will be a well known producer if he lives a couple of more years. He has many of the unique characteristics & top shelf level of strong desire & nose that Prime Time had plus a mother, Turbo Babe, that was truly a well bred & fine running FC; she was a granddaughter to the very influential Mid-West legends, IFC Branko's Heli-Prop & IFC Trakarab Pacesetter. I would recommend that guys breed a good bitch with plenty of brains to him & Colonel will provide the rest. That's what I told people before they bred to Prime Time years ago; if he lacked anything, it would be brains at times, but when he was ran up & on point, he was amazing to watch. Breed a good, clean running bitch & you should get the total package. Breed a mouthy, loose lipped bitch & expect pups with tons of desire & nose without enough brains to control it. Thankfully, although only bred 30 times, most were some of the best bitches around at that time; namely Don Hoog's good bitches along with a few others. I wish a few more of the best bitches I saw run when Time was alive were bred to him. Jerry Eversole had a Pacesetter bitch bred to him that lost her pups. I think that would have been a great cross. I would have loved to have seen FC Branko's Rising Sun Mollie bred to him, but Mark Ross did not like Prime Time at all. Can't say I blame him though. The one time he saw Time run at a trial, he kept opening up on quail out in an Illinois wildlife reserve. He was six years old & it was too late to break him then. He would open on fresh small game scent, but would not run deer. Anyway, Time & Mollie were built just alike; leggy, long & straight with foot to spare. I judged her for a win once; she was incredible; she was by Lumberjack I think & a full Branko bred dam. Mollie was really clean with her mouth with extraordinary speed with control that could destroy a pack just like Time could. I think their bloodlines would have matched up well also. Mollie was never bred to a proven male that I know of. What a waste. Time had pups place in Mid-West licensed trials from 26 of the 30 bitches he bred. There were more than one in some litters that placed also. He had 7 make FC & had several pups very close to finishing that came up just short & several one time winners. His best pups were really good; finishing very young & winning several Better Beagling & Mid-West High Hound awards. More than likely, I'll never own another producer like Prime Time.
Looking back, for some reason, I've always thought Prime Time daughters would be very valuable as producers; much more than his sons. Several have produced FC's themselves & are still alive; reaching 10 years old or more by now. A lot of nice hounds running today trace back to a Prime Time bitch in their pedigree. Good luck with your Showtime blood Dana; not much of his offspring anywhere. Not much Trailblazer or Chance offspring out there either for that matter. There is however still a lot of Prime Time blood out there today; mainly through his many daughters (5 of them being FC's) & his 4 direct sons that are still alive; these being Colonel (Ky), his older brother Hemi (0H), PT Gunner & his brother, Hershey in Louisiana. All four have dams sired by FC Turbo Powered By Prop & are out of Shaw's Oakwood Calie. Calie was by IFC Trakarab Pacesetter & FC Chippewa's Red Maiden & was bred by Cletus Shaw of Michigan. Colonel & Hemi are out of FC Spencer's Turbo Babe along with thier sister, FC Spencer's Blue Flame. Gunner & Hershey are out of Turbo Babe's sister, Spencer's Autumn Breeze. Turbo Babe & Autumn Breeze's other sister, FC Talkabout Callie also produced a FC by Prime Time, FC Talkabout Kellie. Kellie was Prime Time's first FC. She recently produced 2014 Better Beagling & Mid-West High Hound Award winner, FCGD Talkabout Gertrude owned & bred by Don Hoog. Gertrude was sired by FC Chimney Rocks Ky Lucky; a grandson to both Prime Time & Turbo.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

foxxy

Post by foxxy »

I have a male out of Showtime. He definitely isn't for sale.
Has made couple winners packs. We just had a litter of pups off him.
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

Who's his mother?
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

foxxy

Post by foxxy »

I'd have to look
Donnie's Rosie oaks. I think.
Will look later on. Idk what she goes back to.
He is a solid dog that's all I care about.
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy