Finally had a run in the snow

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

TVE1998

Finally had a run in the snow

Post by TVE1998 »

Hasn't been much snow here in North east Pennsylvania the last few years. Seemed nice to get a a nice day running. Young dogs doing it well.
KIMG0195.jpg
KIMG0195.jpg (227.99 KiB) Viewed 3126 times

Rabbit/Hareman123

Re: Finally had a run in the snow

Post by Rabbit/Hareman123 »

Good hunting, thats a handsome head on that male on the left, both dogs are nice :)

TVE1998

Post by TVE1998 »

Thanks, I really like him he is double shooter bred. Only about a year and half but really showing it.

SNOWDOGS1

Post by SNOWDOGS1 »

Paul, this is Jeff. That's the Sammy x Day-Z male, correct? He turned out to be a nice looking, well built male. He was the biggest in the litter. Interested in how he's coming along. I ended up letting my female go, maybe foolishly. Sold his mother also. Send me a PM on his progress or if you still have my number, give me a call. Thanks

TVE1998

Post by TVE1998 »

Hi Jeff, your correct. He's doing well, runs a pretty good rabbit. He seems to have the nose he was was bred for. Still lacks a little confidence when running with my other dog, but I can see it growing. He's a smart one as well already jumping his share of rabbits. Thanks for letting me own him.

SNOWDOGS1

Post by SNOWDOGS1 »

You are more than welcome. Glad he is working out for you. He certainly has the genetic potential. Thanks to Jim Hall for allowing the cross that produced him to happen also. Paul, I sent you an e-mail, give me a shout back when you get a chance. I would appreciate it. Thanks

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Jeff I was glad that I could help in making that happen. I am fortunate to have several pretty decent hounds off of Sammy. One thing I really like and appreciate out of these hounds is there continued improvement with age...that confidence you say your young hound may lack will come with time.

I have seen several of these dogs improve well into the 3-5 range in all areas....something I like about them. Not just starting and peaking out early on, but showing marked improvements in the areas that make them better in the field. I believe intelligence plays a big part in that...JMO.

Your hound is definitely bred to have an above average nose and stay in a track and move it according to scent.

Good running to all and take care!

Mike Gibeaut

Post by Mike Gibeaut »

I have ran with the sire and dam of your male both parents are rabbit dogs I tried to buy the mother of your male when she was 4 months old at Roger's house she was pounding rabbits on a hot August day your male has the genes to be a good one
Mike Gibeaut
Listen to your Dogs With Your Ears Watch Them With Your Eyes Leave your Ego At Home

TVE1998

Post by TVE1998 »

Thanks, I have thought a lot of him from a young age.