Enjoying a pair of young dogs

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Hare Chaser

Enjoying a pair of young dogs

Post by Hare Chaser »

Here's 2 short clips stitched together of a pair of young dogs I've been enjoying for the past year. Nothing special but dogs that I think will finish out to be a nice pair of gun dogs here for me in the end. Running was only fair. 2 weeks ago had some fantastic running for 5 days straight. Cool and drizzly with day time temps in the high 50's to low 60's. Dogs ran those days like they had a string attached to the hare much of the time.

Yesterday started at 60° at 5:00 am but in the high 70's by 10:00 am. Ran this hare for 1-3/4 hrs. before it became evident scent was not holding well and they finally lost it. The 2nd clip was 3 circles later. I had moved about 100 yards from where the 1st clip was taken.

https://youtu.be/DaSPYbYwFhc

Shady Grove Beagles

Re: Enjoying a pair of young dogs

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Looking and sounding good Dan.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

Who was having more fun, the beagles or the camera man?
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

Hare Chaser

Post by Hare Chaser »

mybeagles wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:21 am
Who was having more fun, the beagles or the camera man?
A good time was had by all!! :D :nod:

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

Really enjoy the days when hare running good you can set up a fire and roast food while dogs run. Doesn't get any better. Keeps mosquitoes/horse flies away and provides some tasty treats....

Only thing better is to have a friend along that tells stories the are 10% true the rest complete lies.
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly