Shenago Trigger

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

blackrockbeagles

Shenago Trigger

Post by blackrockbeagles »

Looking for some Shenago Trigger blood would prefer a female pup or one that's started . Pm or text me at 606-616-8629 or 276-698-8762

BCBeagles

Re: Shenago Trigger

Post by BCBeagles »

The UKC board might be a better resource....that dog is very popular in that realm.

I have run with a couple females out of him....decent dogs...one is a HBCH in the UKC....decent looks.....terrrible mouth.....barely can hear her.
Other than that she is pretty decent. The other one I ran with had good hunt....again....a weak mouth....but ran a nice clean rabbit.

They say he throws big foot...but the two I saw definitely were not fast....every ones interpretation is different. The dogs did go hunting...I give them that.

Good Luck!

JacksonBoys

Post by JacksonBoys »

Hey Blackrock beagles we run the UKC, AKC Midwest, and ARHA little pack. We see and start a bunch of dogs. As for Trigger dogs we have started and ran with a bunch of them. Most of them have big booming mouths that are used correctly. They are not a cold tracking type of dog. If you breed a good female to trigger you are going to have rabbit dogs. We have started the Greenbay shooter dogs, the Ranger Dan line bred dogs. And trust us there is none that starts easier than a Trigger pup. Every one that we have seen have tremendous hunt. They won't be standing at your feet. Steven Chumney now owns Trigger since the passing of Mr McFarland. By the way boys with us running all of the formats we can testify that the UKC hound and hunter format are running some of the fastest dogs around. If you are looking for a hound out of Trigger and if its from a good bitch you won't go wrong. Good luck in finding one.
Jackson Boys Kennel and Starting Pen

PCH HBCH GRCH LPRCH and PKC $ winner Matt Dillon
HBCH GRCH Jacksons Jack on the Bone
FCGD PCH HBCH Jackson Boys Slick Willie (RIP Champ)
Bill's (614)965-2219

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

I will say maybe I haven't seen top tier dogs from Trigger...but there are several around me....the two females I described were accurately described...I did not mean to minimize the dogs reproduction...nor imply that the dogs were slow....that really tends to offend people. Mr Jackson you obviously have seen a larger sample size and therefore can speak to more the standard.

I don't know what referencing Shooter or Ranger Dan dogs has to do with Trigger.....I assure you we get plenty of Culls from the Shooter and Ranger Dan dogs..... MANY more Culls than keepers......we just keep trying.

I am always looking to tap into a line where they all become good hounds....that quest will continue. And always looking to find that litter "that every one who has a pup is absolutely thrilled with what they are doing." In the reality of it.....we just don't see that in our litters.....we tend to keep it real here.

Mr Jackson you seemed taken aback by what I described.... I apologize if it came off that way.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

I would also add in reference to Bill McFarland....whom I know has passed. Trigger's former owner.

I have never heard a negative word about Mr. McFarland...this comes from many "lower end" UKC opinions...just good ol boys who go to trials.They said Bill was always a gentleman and as honest and straight forward as they come.

That seems to be a rarity nowadays....shame guys like him are gone in any of these formats where that described above is not as common....whether it be AKC Midwest...ARHA Little Pack....or UKC in any form.............those type of guys are much needed......

Sorry for hijacking this thread.....I am done.....

Take care and good luck in finding what you are looking for!!

blackrockbeagles

Post by blackrockbeagles »

Any one have a website for the UKC forum

bpeterson

Post by bpeterson »

ukcdogs.com

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

www.ukcdogs.com.....then go under Forums tab.

Take care and good running to you.

JacksonBoys

Post by JacksonBoys »

We don't know of anyone with any Trigger pups for sale. Steven Chumney is the owner of Trigger. You can contact him. He runs a UKC club in East Sparta OH. You can check out the UKC forum if you go to UKC dogs website and select beagles. Hope this helps. Mr Hall we totally agree that there are culls that come out of every stud dog.

Bill's (614)965-2219

APFII

Post by APFII »

BCBeagles,Do not know what you mean by"lower end"UKC opinions?

Welshman

Post by Welshman »

I believe he described them as just good ole boys who trial a little and just enjoy good hounds. Like me! If you have ever had any dealings with Jim you would find out he is as good as they come and probably has spent as much time and money on getting the hounds he likes as anybody and in doing so I would believe he has watched quite a few hounds in the field. He told the man what he knew about Shenango Trigger off spring. He was trying to help just like he always does.

brewer69kennels

Post by brewer69kennels »

Jim is the man, honest to a fault, no sugar coating

APFII

Post by APFII »

Do not read anything into it .It was a simple guestion.

JacksonBoys

Post by JacksonBoys »

We believe this post is getting a little off track. We enjoy reading all the stuff that Mr Hall has to say about all the subjects. Never have met him but believe that he is an honest man. We can tell by the stuff that he writes that he speaks his mind and says what he thinks. We appreciate people like that and one of these days in the near future we are going to have to load our hounds and meet Mr Hall and go running. As referring to the Shooter and the Ranger Dan we have started many and they all start. Some dogs just start easier than others. We just wanted to make it clear that Trigger is one of the highest reproducing stud dogs in the UKC and we have seen a bunch of good ones, We have no Trigger blood in our kennel to make that clear.

Bill's (614)965-2219

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

I had no intentions of taking this in the wrong direction....my poor choice of words.

I appreciate the compliments from all. Mr. Jackson you are more than welcome here anytime...we will go run hounds and leave having had a good time...I would bet on that.

I meant the guys are just entry level folks....not regulars for many years....just know enough of the rules to go compete and let the dogs do the talking. Low level wasnt a very good description....my apologies.

Trigger offspring have done more than held there own in the UKC format...no doubt. Guys also like the dogs as I know of several around me who have used him...and may still continue to use him.

I hope you find what you are looking for in those hounds...take care and good running!