Mid-West Beagle Gundog Federation FC's

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BMBeagles

Re: Mid-West Beagle Gundog Federation FC's

Post by BMBeagles »

mybeagles wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:16 am
Hard to think Ranger Dan only produced 5 FC's. Most if not all of shooters litter Finished, Top gun tyke, mike Blackburn, Tony Eyers, had some, There has to be more. Dan was BB Top producer several times.
Ranger dan did . I think this was started for dogs with at least one win in mid west for whatever reason. Reggie's record for most mid west fc will probably stand for a while . Theres nothing living that i can think of even close !

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

There were more FC's that finished in the mid-west out of Dan. No special pleader for the dog but once some of the guys that run dogs out of him see this post they will add several names to the list.

What strikes me is the volume of dogs that finish yet so few make any notable contribution to future generations.
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

Danny King

Post by Danny King »

Fcgd Bachmans Tuffer Than yers too
Lets Run Em... Hammerdown...Yankee By Birth Rebel By Choice!

Hare Chaser

Post by Hare Chaser »

mybeagles wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:58 am
What strikes me is the volume of dogs that finish yet so few make any notable contribution to future generations.
Part of that could be because standing a dog at public stud is just plain a pain in the azzzzzzzzzzzz. My hats off to those who have the patience and are willing to be very flexible with their time. Many people will ask if they can leave the bitch at your place so she can be bred more than once or want to come back for a second shot in a few days.

If I had a male I felt was stud worthy I'd never stand it at public stud. It would always be by private treaty only. I would personally want to see the dog go and have some info about the background behind the bitch being bred also. After all if the pups don't turn out good it's always the fault of the stud, right???