Brammlet Female

List Adult and Started Hounds for Sale here.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Walnut Shade Beagles

Brammlet Female

Post by Walnut Shade Beagles »

2 yo female out of Willie T and Baziles Black Legacy, up until beginning of this season she was top dog in my kennel, super hunt and jump, awesome control, go all day. Difference between her and the male is that she could hold the front! Noticed just before season that she seemed to be losing interest in hunting and would come out early, which wasn't like her at all. Had her checked out and she had Lymes disease. Vet gave her a shot and put her on doxycycline for 28 days. I've had her back out since and she has her hunt back some and will run w/o coming out, but just doesn't have that zip like she used to. Will take $300 for her, she is worth way more with her ability just can't promise she will be the same dog as before.

shawn2016

Re: Brammlet Female

Post by shawn2016 »

Can u post a number

bear128

Post by bear128 »

honest guy here and knows good dogs

Walnut Shade Beagles

302-535-7615

larry5g

Post by larry5g »

Did you ever sell her

Hare Chaser

Post by Hare Chaser »

If she wasn't checked for Ehrlicosis/Ehrlichia, which is also a tick born disease, might want to get her checked for that. Know a couple guys here in the NE that have bought a couple coon hounds out of the south that have had that. Screws them up pretty good. Supposedly its treatable but from what I've read there's mixed results.

Walnut Shade Beagles

no we decided not to sell her. this gentleman is right on the tick problem, while she was for sale we noticed her acting strange, took her to the vet and she tested positive for lyme. she has been treated twice, she is not the dog she once was but seems to be somewhat better. this was the first time for this in our kennel, use the python tags and up till now never had an issue.

Walnut Shade Beagles

i'm sorry, i reread your post and saw it was directed at me. i will get her looked at for that thank you! not to sound harsh or insensitive but it smoothed her out quite a bit! she could get competitive, now she slots up and runs a very good rabbit, still has that jump to her just alot smoother on track.

Hare Chaser

Post by Hare Chaser »

Glad your female is making you happy. These tick borne diseases are becoming a real issue and can be expensive , both in prevention and treatment when its required. Here in Northern New England ticks were almost non existent for years. Rarely would you see one on a dog. Now I go over my dogs after every run. Its the worst in the spring. Late summer and fall are not nearly as bad.